Sunday, March 28, 2010

On the Arrangement of Pixels: Holier Than Thou

Since last week, I’ve made great discoveries in the world of WoW costuming and fashion. The greatest of these is sure to be Kirina’s Closet, an extensive resource on WoW fashion and costuming for every occasion. Can’t find what you’re looking for in the regular blog? Click the Fashion tab at the top for an index of outfits she’s collected. Want more? Check out the Forum where other like minded fashionistas and costumers have contributed their ideas and browse through the various ‘catalog’ sticky posts with photographed listings of most every dress, top, and leg item you could be in search of.

So now that I’ve endorsed this amazing resource, on to my own designs. This next set are some of my very favorite outfits because they’re particularly special for my character. I have played and loved the priest class for years now, and I take pride in dressing my priestess as well as any priest you can find in game.  So this week I present to you some of my favorite priestly outfits.

Holy Haute Couture

The first set is one I’m sure has been done before and will be done many times since. My first in depth scouring of the internet for costuming resources was to find just the right pieces to match this, my first idol among priestesses. Leveling with a tank as I did with my husband, the fervent and devout couple of High Inquisitor Whitemane and Scarlet Commander Mograine were an inspiration. Yes, I made a macro to yell “Arise, my champion!” when I resurrected him. And yes, every once in a while, he humored me with the response of “At your side, milady!”

WhitemaneNoTabard_002

WhitemaneAchiever WhitemaneScarletTabard_001
Whitemane’s Chapeu
Shroud of the Nathrezim
Cindercloth Vest
Footpad’s Shirt
Earthmender’s Bracer of Shattering
Gloves of the High Magus
Cindercloth Pants
Infernoweave Boots
Invincible Stave (not shown)
Optional:
Gossamer Belt
Tabard of the Achiever
Scarlet Tabard

This set posed some difficulty as the tabard length tunic is not available to players and neither are the correct upper sleeves. I made due with the footpad’s shirt, and depending on circumstance or mood I’ll swap out the two tabards shown above. The belt is to fill the unfortunate gaps that all tabards have at the waist. The gloves and bracers are the hardest to find matches for, but the crafted top and legs are easy enough, and while there are several models of the boots, what else was I going to do with those extra badges of justice? Also, the most ‘authentic’ weapon choice would be the one listed above or perhaps the Glowing Brightwood Staff, but priestesses are creatures of vanity. As the saying goes, if you’ve got it, flaunt it.

The next set is also somewhat dependent on some later quest items, but well worth it. The release of the Crusader’s Coliseum meant a new fair haired priestess to admire, and this one plays the part of allied NPC as well as Coliseum Opponent with impeccable grace. Recently, she has even been declared victor in one of WoW.com’s Two Bosses Enter segments. Needless to say, when the first patch notes and screen shots were published on MMO Champion, I was there and ready with my outfit for Argent Confessor Paletress’ debut.

Paletress_002

Gossamer Headpiece
Silk Mantle of Gamn
Sylvanaar Elite Caster’s Armor
Tabard of the Argent Crusade
The Ėgg of Mortal Essence
Embersilk Bracelets
Gloves of Prophecy
Gossamer Belt
Elegant Leggings
Gnomish Casting Boots
Redemption (not shown)

 


Paletressx2_001

Once more we have trouble with what’s available vs. what’s 100% accurate, so some choices were made. The authentic shoulders I could find in every imaginable color but white, so I made due with the low level quest shoulders. You can also use Magician’s Mantle or Gossamer Shoulderpads. Gloves were hard to match as well. I’m fond of the look of the prophecy gloves, but you can easily match one of the common Northrend cloth gloves such as the Gloves of Tormented Recollection. The silk wrapped bracers, as the shoulders, come in many colors that are not yellow, so instead I decided to match the straps and buckles of the tunic’s upper arm bands. Benediction is, again, not authentic, but doesn’t it just look amazing? As it is, I think it’s perfect. If only we could let our hair down while wearing a hat. Ah well.

The last of the week is something of my own invention. The friendly competitive spirit between the priest and the paladin is long ongoing. With their single target HPS and their protective plate, paladins try to claim the role of tank healer as theirs alone. I defy them to say a discipline healer cannot heal a tank, and with this set I defy them to say we have any need of their fancy plate gear!

WoWScrnShot_120209_022820

Priestadin_001

Valorous Crown of Faith
Amice of Brilliant Light
Blessed Robe of Undead Cleansing
Valorous Gloves of Sanctification
Diamond-Core Sledgemace
Chalice of Benedictus

 

 

 

 

This set I dedicate to the hard-mode WoW outfitters, those of us with the most limited of resources to work with in getting that perfect look. That’s right. This is for you, the few, the proud, the clothie costumers!

Here also comes vindication to those of us who just can’t get rid of anything. The only set I’ve yet gotten rid of was tier 4 because I felt it was boring. In a later post, I’ll show you the outfit that had me regretfully begging for pugs to Gruul’s Lair. Never again! My bank is full, I hardly have room for candles in my bags, but I still have the Blessed Robe of Undead Cleansing. I can keep buying candles a stack at a time, but for those who weren’t around for the events leading into the Wrath expansion, this robe is unobtainable. Congratulations to those who have it. Dust it off and wear it with pride!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, shiny!

    I would like to be able to "let my hair down" while wearing a hat, too. I think that must be one of the reasons why I rarely use hats -- it has to be a really awesome hat for me to actually show it, because I'd much rather see my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your priestess outfits! Great job!

    And I agree with you and Kam about the hat/hair issue. For some helms, it just makes sense to see the hair flowing down under it.

    Thanks for the good word, as well! I appreciate it ^_^
    ~Kirina

    ReplyDelete