Monday, April 19, 2010

On the Arrangement of Pixels: Expanding Horizons

This weekend has proven to be a very busy weekend. Signs of this may include, but are not limited to, my still referring to it as ‘this weekend’ though Monday has already reared its ugly head as well as my working through the list of things to do ‘this weekend’ well into Monday.

I spent most of my time-wasting this weekend fretting over what to wear! My newly level 80 hunter occupied the bulk of my WoW time finding her things to look cute (and shoot good) in, and the remainder was taken in upgrading my pony. With recent affirmations that someone actually might be reading and looking forward to this, panic set in.

Luckily my own habits toward vanity and some wheedling and begging in the direction of my husband have produced ample offerings for the week.

Leather & Links

Today I am happy to introduce to you Evedra, freshly leveled 80 hunter. Why did I level a hunter? I.. don’t even know. It’s been fun. And one of the primary incentives to reach 80? The Knightbane Carapace (and other reskins thereof).

A hunter? In leather?!? How terrible! I swear and avow, I needed the hit rating, really! Though I keep thinking 10%, so I’m over cap right now, especially with my racial buff, but once I get rid of some of the blues… Okay, okay! I did it for the corset. But really, who can blame me?

Space Pirate

Winterfin Patch of Honor
Epaulets of the Devourer
Knightbane Carapace
Cerulean Filigreed Doublet
Windrunner’s Legguards of Conquest
Rhino Hide Kneeboots
Tidebreaker Trident
Nesingwary 4000

Space Pirate!

 

 


Luckily the hunter tier 9 looks lovely matched up with it, so I’ve used that to assemble a makeshift space-pirate outfit. When time permits, I will most certainly embellish on this idea.

The idea of my draenei as a space pirate first tickled me when I previewed the gear from the murlocs in Borean Tundra. I had a chest piece and leggings with lots of leather and buckles - the effect was beyond words. I knew then and there I had to gather clams until the trident and eyepatch were mine. Sure I really didn’t imagine or play the character as anything even remotely space-piratey, but the look was absolutely irresistible!

I think it was well worth my while. How about you?

I’ve also determined that boots on a draenei are mostly stupid. I gave up searching better ones for the night (it was very.. very late) and decided the kneeboots would have to do. This will bear more investigation later.

corset with skirt                            skirt and shirt

I happily had the foresight to keep my Haramad’s Leg Wraps on my hunter as well (sadly vendored for the priest), which goes well with the corset-I-mean-carapace. Also handsomely paired with the skirt are the Whispering Tunic (another lost to the vendor on my priest) and the Mighty Girdle. Oh the joys of expanding beyond cloth!

Now for a final treat, I present as promised, darling husband’s Spartan outfit!

THIS! IS! STORMWIND!! I did say it would be worth the wait, didn’t I?

After 300 was released, hubby who has forever been a fan of both graphic novels and Greco-Roman military history decided to plunder the Auction House. The result was as you see.

Spartan with spear Spartan with sword & shield

Bloodscale Helm
Sergeant’s Cape
Light Mail Bracers
Belt of Might
Aboriginal Loincloth
Light Mail Boots
High Chief’s Shield
Bronze Shortsword
Thick Bronze Darts

For a few weeks he did his normal laps of leaping around the tree by the Stormwind auction house. Shortly after, inspired followers appeared until it seemed the entire cast of the movie could be found bouncing around in circles around the tree. Curmudgeonly internet hermit that he is, my husband did not quite take to such a following. He grumbled about the first few, but as numbers grew he quickly stashed the gear away and never donned it again. He didn’t get rid of it though, and happily I convinced him to dig it out once more.

This week I will scour for more cute things to wear and costumes to assemble, and hopefully have a post actually on the weekend this time! I have bits and pieces of some sets that I can’t find the right matches to, and if I’m really pressed I’ll share my favorite single piece dresses. I had hoped to save that entry for when I get the dress I’ve been hunting for ages though, so wish me luck in my search!

No comments:

Post a Comment